Thanks to my sister in law Alison for giving me this recipe.
I made this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread on Thursday night as I was heading to Center Parcs with mini me and my parents for a long weekend.
It is perfect for using up banana that would otherwise end up in the bucket.
You can use chocolate chips or walnuts. I like to have both.
Alison ices the cake once it has cooled down but I keep mine au naturel.
It should keep for about a week in an airtight container. This one didn’t last that long. We munched away at it whilst watching Harry Potter on DVD.
Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf
(Makes a 2lb loaf tin)
2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1 Cup Caster Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
1 Cup Mashed Ripe Bananas (about 3)
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
¼ Cup Milk
1 Cup Chocolate Chips (or Walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 180C / Gas Mark 4. Grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat eggs, banana, oil and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet a bit at a time. Stir until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips (or walnuts).
- Bake for 50 minutes until the edges come away from the side of the tin.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely.