You must have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. No ifs or buts it should be compulsory. It's the one time that you can eat pancakes and not feel guilty.
Over the years I have tried many different pancake recipes however I came across this one at Christmas time. It was featured in an episode of Jamie Oliver and it has to be the easiest pancake recipe EVER.
These are now a firm favourite in the 'Kiss of Cookies' household and I often make a batch on a Saturday morning. They are light and fluffy American style and we love to eat them oozing with syrup however as today is a school day, I thought we would go with the healthier option of fruit, Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey.
This recipe makes about 12 small pancakes however you can make the pancakes as big (or small) as you want.
American Style Pancakes
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup Milk
Pinch of Salt
1) Heat up a frying pan on a medium heat.
2) In a bowl, add the flour, milk, egg and salt. Mix together well until all of the ingredients have been incorporated into a smooth batter.
3) Melt a knob of butter in the frying pan. Spoon a small amount of the pancake batter into the pan. I can usually make 3 pancakes at a time.
4) When small bubbles start forming, flip over the pancake and cook until golden.
5) Carry on until all of the mixture is used up.