24 October 2011

Cherry Mallow Slice



Not really a cake or biscuit as such but a quick and easy recipe to make something rather scrumptious. Ideal for parties, snacks or packed lunch boxes.

My friend Sadif gave me this recipe as it is a family favourite and I can see why. It may not look the prettiest but tastes great.

I'm going to try a more grown up version using cranberries instead of glace cherries, hobnobs instead of digestives and rolled in chopped nuts.


Cherry Mallow Slice

Ingredients:

80g Glace Cherries
120g Marshmallows
230g Digestive Biscuits
1 Small Tin of Condensed Milk

Directions:

  1. Chop cherries and marshmallows up and crush the digestive biscuits.
  2. Into a large bowl, put the cherries, marshmallows, digestive biscuits and the tin of condensed milk, and mix.
  3. Roll into a tight cylinder / sausage shape (Can roll in chocolate vermicelli or desiccated coconut if wanted).
  4. Wrap the mixture in cling film and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours however overnight is best.
  5. Remove cling film and cut into slices.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope I am around when you make that next batch, although these look very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - a sweet treat perfect for this time of year :)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look amazing and I love your oink plate:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look amazing and I love your oink plate:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried a piece of cherry mallow in a small Café in Moffat, Scotland. Great taste, thx for the recipe. Gonna make me some tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this recipe used to be part of a maths lesson

    ReplyDelete
  7. mm yummy, this with a big pot of tea. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete