Not really a cake or biscuit as such but a quick and easy recipe to make something rather scrumptious. Ideal for parties, snacks or packed lunch boxes.
My friend Sadif gave me this recipe as it is a family favourite and I can see why. It may not look the prettiest but tastes great.
I'm going to try a more grown up version using cranberries instead of glace cherries, hobnobs instead of digestives and rolled in chopped nuts.
Cherry Mallow Slice
80g Glace Cherries
230g Digestive Biscuits
1 Small Tin of Condensed Milk
- Chop cherries and marshmallows up and crush the digestive biscuits.
- Into a large bowl, put the cherries, marshmallows, digestive biscuits and the tin of condensed milk, and mix.
- Roll into a tight cylinder / sausage shape (Can roll in chocolate vermicelli or desiccated coconut if wanted).
- Wrap the mixture in cling film and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours however overnight is best.
- Remove cling film and cut into slices.