I have a major cupcake obsession and will buy almost anything with a cupcake design on it. My obsession is that bad that I even have a cupcake tattoo on my wrist. So you can imagine my delight when I opened up a recent copy of Cake Decorating Magazine to find a cupcake cookie cutter.
As my Jane Asher cake book was still lying about from making the Ice Cream & Jelly Cake I decided to use her Vanilla Cookie Dough recipe.
280g Plain Flour
200g Firm Butter
100g Icing Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
1 tsp Vanilla Extract / Essence
- Preheat the oven to 200C / Gas mark 6. Gease two baking trays or line with baking parchment.
- Put the flour in a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract / essences and mix to a dough.
- Put in a plastic bag and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out as required.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Leave to coll and harden on a wire rack.